Basic Softball Slide
*Learn this slide before you try to do a more complicated slide.
1. Sprint at full speed to the next base.
· Don’t be afraid to get dirty.
· Wear pants so that you don’t injure your legs. Consider wearing sliding pants or sliding shorts underneath your pants if you’re worried about being injured.
2. Start sliding about 4 steps away from the base.
Start your slide by bending your knees.
Make to do the following:
- Shift your weight to the left side of your body.
- Bend your left knee and make the shape of a 4 by tucking your left leg underneath your right leg, which should be extended straight forward.
- Shift your weight to your left leg.
3. Lean back as you finish your slide.
Follow these instructions:
- Don’t slide into the base in a sitting position.
- Keep your arms behind you and up.
- Let the momentum of your sprint propel you to the base.
- Touch the base with your right leg first.